Last week, I wrote about how there is a stigma attached to be being single and I discussed some reasons why there shouldn’t be a negative connotation associated with the word single. If you missed the post, check it out here: How To Be Happy And Single During The Holidays.
This week I’m giving you 20 ways to be single and happy during the holidays and every other day of your life:
- Stop seeing being single as a bad thing and embrace your singlehood.
- Stop thinking that the “grass is greener,” you never know what really goes on in a relationship.
- Do activities and hobbies that make you happy (painting, dancing, exercising, writing, etc.).
- Explore new hobbies by yourself or with friends.
- Don’t let not having a “plus 1” keep you from going to events you’re excited about.
- Try to find other singles at weddings and other events where there are a lot of couples.
- Ask a friend to join you in doing a partner activity.
- Join some Meet Up groups in your area to do things you enjoy and meet like-minded people.
- Stop entertaining and giving time to men who quickly show you they aren’t right for you.
- Stop talking to any man who puts you downs or tries to make you feel bad about yourself (this will save you a lot of emotional stress and keep you from feeling unhappy about yourself).
- Do things you are good at to increase your confidence.
- Plan vacations or getaways with your single friends and treat yourself to spa days.
- Reflect on your past relationships to determine what things you need to work on for your next relationship, this will help empower you to recognize that you have control over many outcomes in your relationships.
- Plan dinner parties or brunches with your friends and tell them to leave their plus 1 at home.
- Schedule movie nights or a “girl’s night” every so often.
- Don’t be afraid to act happy that you are single and enjoying your life.
- Don’t let anyone tell you how to feel about being single.
- Spend time focusing on bettering your community (join an activist group, volunteer, etc.)
- Spend time focusing on climbing your career ladder (Success doesn’t mean being married with kids for everyone).
- Always maintain your appearance keep doing your hair, nails, and wearing your favorite accessories. Looking good will help you feel good and this will also help you attract men.
For more great dating advice, get my book: Picking up the Pieces: Rebuilding Yourself for the Love and Relationship You Deserve.
How do you stay single and happy? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
*Dee’s Dating Diary is going on holiday and will be back Saturday, February 4, 2017. Don’t worry, you can still get great dating advice on a daily basis if you follow Dee’s Dating Diary on Twitter or Facebook. See you next year!
Till Next Time,
Pingback: 7 Valentine’s Day Do’s And Don’ts For Single And Coupled Ladies